Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project Proposal


This project is a study of phenomenology and more specifically architectural phenomenology; the study of conscious experience and that of sensory properties as applied to structures and images.

The work is about creating a world the viewer can have an experience in. That enables me to freely create and not be bound by the physical rational world. I want to make my viewers work for the conceptual. This desire will translate into 10 images and 5 events (sometimes including images) with full immersion in an installation space pushing the viewer out of their reality, into my own. The events and stand-alone images will be in conversation with one another, perhaps allowing the viewer to create a narrative. The elements involved in these installations will be technological and sculptural in nature. The events will involve and require all sensory abilities. I want my viewers to not just see an image, but to feel it. My images should resonate, not just in the sound projected or the sculpture presented but in the thoughts of the viewer as they gradually allow themselves to be absorbed. 


This is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment